Balvenie Peated Cask, 17 year old, 48.7%

Hier beperken we ons tot Schotse single malt (Scottish Single Malt), dus afkomstig van één distilleerderij.

Welke score geef je deze Whisky ?

Afbeelding - Minder dan 56
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 56-60
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 61-65
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 66-70
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 71-75
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 76-80
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 81-85
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 86-90
1
50%
Afbeelding - 91-95
0
Geen stemmen
Afbeelding - 96-100
1
50%
 
Totaal aantal stemmen: 2

bleedingwhisky
Actief lid
Actief lid
Berichten: 21
Lid geworden op: 10 Dec 2012, 13:16
Locatie: Amsterdam
Contact:

Balvenie Peated Cask, 17 year old, 48.7%

Ongelezen berichtdoor bleedingwhisky » 27 Feb 2013, 13:48

Nose: Peat, dried prunes, tar, honey, and vanilla.

Body: Sweetness from liquorice mixed with raw peaty smoke, followed by peppery spice, notes of honey, and vanilla. Bitter tannins near the middle-end, I am guessing from the American new oak casks, I wasn’t sure if I liked that but then I realize it gives a pleasant kind of freshness to the blend separating the different flavors, and breaking through the heavy peat, opening up tasty dried fruit notes towards the finish.

Finish: Long dry ashy finish with sweet notes of honey, liquorice, and spice.

Conclusion: A great peated malt, turns out the smooth and fruity Balvenie can handle the rough peatiness very well. I rather like this unusual mix of honey, vanilla, fruit, liquorice, and ashy peaty smoke. The blenders at Balvenie have somehow managed to keep a smooth and sweet character besides the unusually strong smokiness. I hope they keep up the good work, coming again and again with lovely, unusual, and surprising new wood finishes.

En er is meer te lezen op het blog (Engels): http://www.bleedingwhisky.com/balvenie-peated-cask-17-year-old-48-7/
0 x

Terug naar “Schotse single malt (Scottish Single Malt)”

Wie is er online

Gebruikers op dit forum: Geen geregistreerde gebruikers en 2 gasten